The sculpture artist is Constantin Brâncuși and he was born in Romania and lived in France. He was one of the most influential sculptors of the20th century. This sculpture is called Bird in Space. Constantin inspires me because he creates art that you can interpret for yourself. This first sculpture is called A Bird in Space and the second sculpture is called The Wisdom of The Earth. The names are very intriguing when the sculptures look very simple.
here is my Samurai it will be as big as a human and it will be made out of marble.
My idea for this styrofoam sculpture I made a to have a samurai helmet. I actually build another one before with a different idea but I simply did not like it. I started over and this is what I have made. I realized that for my it is very difficult making things out of styrofoam.
Making this paper art was more fun than the styrofoam sculpture. I got a similar idea of what I was going for.
For my paper project I made a film camera with curled pieces of paper and on the inside I've put an interesting disign. This was not hard to make although it took a while to make something with so much when it's a really small sculpture. I did a film camera because my dream job is to be a film director.
Story of a man who takes mushrooms and becomes a deer that gets hunted by men.
This is my sgraffito sculpture so far is has a tree sun and stars and the only problem is getting this black paint on because I have this one part that will not go black and it's pissing my off man!!!
Pit Fire project
my first time sculpting on the spinner. It was hard and difficult but If I were to have more experience I would really enjoy it.
1. I’ve used the pottery wheel which has helped me create pots and bowls much faster and more smoother. At first it takes a lot of practice to be good at using the wheel but when you finish your pot it looks great. Another tool I used is the loop tool which is my favorite tool. You can carve out and make small artistic designs on your clay sculpture. You can use it on any clay sculpture and make any design you want.
2. My knowledge and understanding of tools has changed a lot since I began this class. I did not know there’re so many tools to use. I thought most of it was done by your own hands. With so many tools you can create creative designs and make a picture within your sculpture.
1. My most successful project was the Sgraffito project. This was my most successful because it was my favorite project. What i did was a plate clay and I painted black paint on top then I used my loop tool to create a very artistic design. What I created was the tree of life with the sun and stars. What I loved about it is the texture of my project and feeling it.
2. My favorite tool I used this year is again the loop tool. When I used it I enjoyed it instantly and I wanted to keep using for other projects. It helped me create art that I never thought I could do such as the Sgraffito. I hope that I can use it again in the future.
3. My Least successful project was the paper mache. This was my worst because I was not feeling it and I didn’t feel good about it when I worked on it, and I didn’t like working on something that was kind of large. It is also a very messy project having to put ripped up paper in glue that is made out of flower and water. Lastly I did not complete the project.
My name is Jacob Sosdian and I am a senior at Apex High School.